Whether you’re a graduate student, full-time parent, full-time professional, or anywhere along this spectrum, time always seems to be limited. Twenty-four hours is never enough, and making full three to five-course meals every night, well that’s just impossible.
Be You. is here to help, for first-time vegans and veterans looking for easy recipes! Be You. recipes only take about 30 minutes, or less, and are made in large amounts, to last for the rest of the week. Recipes do not have amounts so they can be altered to taste and desired size of the dish. I hope you enjoy!
- Whole-wheat fusilli
- Extra-virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- Chopped onion
- Minced garlic
- Sliced mushroom
- All-purpose flour
- Dry white wine
- Vegetable broth
- Dijon mustard
- Ground Pepper
Prepare the Pasta:
- Boil water with EVOO, salt, and pepper, to taste.
- Add pasta and reduce heat to medium-low.
- Stir frequently and check for noodle tenderness after 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and keep in draining bowl until the vegetables are ready.
***Noodles will continue to cook in the sauce, so remove noodles and drain just before peak tenderness.
Prepare the Vegetables:
- Put a small amount of EVOO in a large skillet, heat at medium-high.
- Put onions, garlic, and mushrooms in a bowl.
- Season with salt, pepper, and Mrs. Dash (Table Blend).
- Put vegetable mixture in the pan and add a small amount of water to help soften.
- Cook and stir until onions and broccoli are soft, and mushrooms have released their liquid.
- Add noodles to mixed vegetables.
Prepare the Sauce:
- Put flour, wine, broth, salt, pepper, and mustard in a bowl, to taste.
- Stir until mixture is thick.
- Add water until the mixture is the desired consistency.
- Reduce heat to medium-low.
- Add sauce to vegetable and noodle mixture.
- Stir until noodles are tender and the entire mixture is covered with sauce.
- Remove from heat.